Getting your home ready for the home inspection is due diligence on the seller’s end. Some people think it’s a tough job, but it’s easy. Here at Ocean Breezes Home Inspections, we’ve listed seven home inspection tips on preparing for the home inspection:
1. Clean The House – not necessarily deep cleaning, but a well-cleaned home leaves a good impression on whoever walks into your home. Clean up the exterior as well. Most homeowners overlook the thought that home inspector Myrtle Beach SC are people first and inspectors second. A clean house shows how much you take care of it. Get rid of the thought that the inspector will see past ‘stuff’ because most won’t.
2. Before The Scheduled Time Is ‘On-time’ – Be prepared for the inspector 15-30 minutes before the appointment. Make sure that your house is ready for the inspector to begin the inspection.
3. Give Access To All Areas – a home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination, but it doesn’t mean our home inspectors are just looking around. The home inspector will operate the appliances, test the electrical system and plumbing, looking for any issues, leaks, etc. Ensure everything is on and operational, or the inspector might have to reschedule the inspection, delaying the inspection report, which could ultimately delay the sale.
4. Remove Any Clutter Or Blockages – The inspector will need at least three to four feet of working space to inspect items such as the furnace, air conditioner, electrical panel, and water heater. Make sure to remove boxes, bookcases, shelves, or furniture that might be blocking the space.
5. Provide Easy Access To Every Room – This includes the attic, basement, and crawlspace. Be sure the path is clear for the inspector to inspect these areas and other house rooms. Secure valuables and possibly move items away from the walls at least two feet.
6. Leave Keys For Exterior Building Access – label the keys for the inspector to use and put them on the kitchen table.
7. Provide Documentation Of Repairs Or Renovations – Whether you installed a brand new AC system or had a plumbing system fixed, you must provide documents for all the remodeling or repairs done to your home. This way, the buyer will feel more confident with your house, knowing that these items were inspected and that you are transparent.
A comprehensive Buyer’s inspection report can make or break the sale of your home. When considering putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your own Myrtle Beach SC home inspection conducted. As a seller, you want to present the best side of your home to buyers, so knowing of any issues, fixing them before the first buyer arrives is a good thing. It is best to have the home inspection tips as your guide.
At Ocean Breezes Home Inspections, we are your Home Buying and Selling Advocate. Are you planning to sell your property in the Myrtle Beach area? We Can Help!
Give us a call today at (410) 346-5333 or click here to schedule your appointment online.
When you or someone you know needs the services of a top-notch home inspection company, we would truly appreciate you thinking of us. You can Schedule Right from our 24/7 Online Scheduler or Dial (410) 346-5333 now!
We provide you with a detailed and in-depth inspection report about your home’s current condition. Rest assured that our Myrtle Beach, SC Home Inspection is the best you can get.
Owned and operated by Professional Licensed and Certified Home Inspector, John Hart, Ocean Breezes Home Inspections takes pride in its commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all customers at all times.
Call (410) 346-5333 Now or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website
Friendly, Professional and Expert ~ Ocean Breezes Home Inspections