You might be anxious about the big day – upcoming home inspection. Yep, that’s pretty normal. Getting a home inspection can be quite overwhelming and might not always fill you up with excitement. That’s totally fine too! But as a seller, failing to prepare may also be a sign of neglect – an impression that you don’t want to leave your inspectors.
You see, if you do not prepare, your sale will also be delayed. See how the Law of Attraction works there but not on a positive note, though. As a seller, you need to have the same due diligence as if you are buying a home.
You might wonder why you need a home inspection in the first place. Here’s why:
- It’s a sign of honesty and integrity– It only shows how upfront you are with your potential buyers. It is a clear signal that you are not hiding anything. This helps make the buyer feel confident enough to submit an offer. Moreover, this initiative is a clear indication that you value the home and that you care for the next homeowners’ safety and convenience.
- You can negotiate better – Knowing the issues beforehand and having them fixed before any buyer walks through the door can help you negotiate better and allows you to stand firm on your price.
Everyone wants to finally stick that “SOLD” sign on the lawn the soonest possible, of course, who doesn’t want that, right? And home inspectors do too!
As home inspectors in Myrtle Beach, SC, we at Ocean Breeze Home Inspections, LLC, compiled a guide for this final hurdle. Here’s what you can do so you can breathe that deep sigh of relief in no time.
- No tools required, of course except cleaning tools. Just be ready to clean and move personal properties aside.
- Deep clean the house. Pretty simple but sometimes homeowners tend to overlook this. A home inspector is a real person, not a robot. Just like everyone, they’ll have preconceived ideas of how a home was maintained as soon as they step foot on your house. Clean homes give better impressions. Never hope that they will see past that molded carpet because they don’t.
- You also need to ensure the provision of access to electrical panels, plumbing, water heaters, and others. The inspector needs to analyze all systems so make sure that no personal property is blocking the way.
- Be upfront. Don’t hide anything. Declare all issues that you know because if you hide it, it will and will always be found. Do not mask underlying problems as it often leads to a lack of trust and greater suspicion.
- Be accepting. Home inspections are meant to offer solutions. It’s a win-win for both buyers and sellers. For the buyer, it gives them a better understanding of their purchase. For the seller, home inspectors help address issues and offer solutions.
Your home is a reflection of who you are. Remember, what goes around comes back around. So, if you take care of your property, it will take care of you.
Our Myrtle Beach, SC Licensed Home Inspectors will spend 4 to 5 hours thoroughly evaluating all aspects of the home you are purchasing, from the roof to the foundation and all areas in between. We provide the most advanced home inspection on the market – Home and Condo Inspection, Pre-Listing Inspection aka Seller Inspection, Builder 1 Year Warranty Inspection, Foreclosure Inspection, Air Quality And Mold Inspection, Roof Inspection, Structural Inspection, Insurance Inspection, Investor Property Inspection and Multi-Unit Inspection to home buyers and home sellers in the following areas of Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach, Pawley’s Island, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Little River, Georgetown, Andrews and the surrounding areas.[/vc_column_text]
Top Myrtle Beach South Carolina Home Inspector Company | Let this experienced South Carolina Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Ocean Breezes Home Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the South Carolina area, we can help!
Owned and operated by Professional Licensed and Certified Home Inspector, John Hart, Ocean Breezes Home Inspections takes pride in his commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.